Wednesday 30 January 2013

Quick Raspberry Coconut Oatmeal

Raspberry Coconut Oatmeal

I don't think I've ever talked about my obsession for raspberries but now that I posted my second recipe with them in a week I feel like it's out in the open. Yes. I love raspberries. If I had to pick only one food to bring with me on a deserted island it would it. I remember growing up, we had some raspberry trees in our backyard and I would make sure to go check on them every day to snag all the good ones before my mom had time to pick them. It wasn't long before I became a primarly suspect in the raspberries mysterious disappearance. Since then, I also discovered organic raspberries which in my opinion are the best ever!! I probably go through 1 or 2 bags of frozen ones per week and when I buy fresh ones, I make it my mission to shove them all in my mouth as soon as possible. It's definitely one thing I am not good at sharing so Bella is always happy when she can get a couple of big ones.

Here is an easy recipe that works just as well for busy mornings than for lazy rainy ones.

Raspberry Coconut Oatmeal


Ingredients:

1/2 cup Steel Cut Oatmeal (Don't use quick Oatmeal it's too processed)
1 1/2 Water
1/4 cup Fresh or Frozen Organic Raspberries
Handfull of Chopped Pecans
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds (Optional, but they are a great source of fiber)
1 Tbsp Agave
2 Tbsp Shredded Coconut (Organic is definitely best)

Add the Oatmeal and water in a pot and bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook for about 12 minutes or until it gets thick and creamy. Remove from heat and add the reminding ingredients. Stir well to mix it all up. And... you ready to eat!

How easy was that?


No comments:

Post a Comment